Thursday, September 27, 2018

Fried Ham and Cheese Bread Roll







I have been cooking the same dishes for weeks now and can't seem to find a recipe to experiment. Browsing through internet looking for something to do today. I was on Facebook, checking my feed when I saw this recipe on a group that I am a member of. I tried to think of a way to experiment on it but I was thinking this is a very simple dish and there is no need for a "revision".

This bread roll can either be served as a snack or a meal, especially for your kids. It can also be served as a party food, an appetizer or for your kids "baon" for school.

Below is the recipe for fried ham and cheese bread roll.






Ingredients

1     pack      Bread loaf, white or honey wheat
1     lb           Sliced ham
1    pack       American cheese slices
2     pcs         Egg, beaten
1     cup         breadcrumbs
Toothpicks
Oil for frying



Procedure



In a flat surface, flatten the bread covered with cling wrap. Cut the crust on all sides.

Place cheese, ham and mayonnaise on the bread. Roll

Dip in egg then roll on breadcrumbs.

Fry until golden brown. Serve.




As I write this blog, I have come up with some ideas to make a different version of this recipe. Instead of ham, I can use spam, because my daughter likes it. And instead of mayonnaise, I could use cheese spread or sandwich spread. Or instead of rolling it, I can make it into squares by folding it in half. Let me know how you like this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment