Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Green Goddess (Pistachio pudding dessert)


Summer is here!! I can't say I'm excited because I really can't stand the heat. But there as some perks of summer season. Aside from occasional nice, tolerable temperature, we get to try lots of cold dessert perfect for the summer. One example is this divine dessert that I like so much. I got to try it a long time ago when one of my friends shared it with me. She said her daughter's friend makes it every time they have a party. It was so good I thought of making it myself. My friend gave me her recipe, and of course, I made my own version.

This recipe is very different from green goddess salad dressing that is made of mayonnaise, sour cream, chives etc. Some call this dessert pistachio pudding dessert, pineapple fluff, Watergate salad (because of the scandal), golden gate salad, pistachio delight, shut the gate salad or green fluff. I would prefer green goddess. It is an American dessert and is a popular dish in the Midwest.

The dish is very easy and quick to prepare. And is best served cold.

Ingredients

1     can            crushed pineapple
1    container  cool whipped cream
2     boxes        instant pistachio pudding
1     bag           mini marshmallows



Procedure

1.  Strain the crushed pineapple in a bowl, press it really hard until it is dry. Set aside
2. Add the instant pistachio pudding on the juice, whip it until it is thick.
3. Fold the cool whipped cream.
4. Add the pineapple and mini marshmallows.
5. Optional - sprinkle chopped pistachio on top.
6. Put in the fridge for at least an hour. Serve cold

Get creative with serving it. At a party , I would serve it in a mini containers. For kids, I thought of serving it on an ice cream cone.

No comments:

Post a Comment