Sunday, May 21, 2017

Banana Pancake and Banana Bread



As you all know, I like to experiment and try new stuff. But I'm not claiming that my new experiment was my own idea. I actually saw a video of Erwan Heusaff making banana pancake on his Intagram feeds. I didn't catch the ingredients and I actually prefer it that way because I want to create my own recipe and try not to copy someone else's. So whatever similarities in our recipes are purely coincidence. Hehehe...

I bought some banana more than a week ago thinking my daughter would eat it. She prefers it on top of her cereal. But an 11 year old cannot finish a dozen banana in a week. And they are starting to brown and have spots. Before, I would end up throwing them. I thought of making banana bread, but I'm not too crazy about it, and banana isn't really my favorite fruit. But this weekend, I wasn't doing anything really and I miss baking and trying new recipes. I made banana bread first, it was so yummy that I actually enjoyed eating it. Banana pancake was my daughter's breakfast and she devoured the whole plate. So here is the recipe for both banana pancake and bread.

Banana Pancake

2       pcs        over-ripe banana
1/2   cup        all purpose flour 
1      pc          egg
1      tbsp       cinnamon powder
butter




Procedure

In a bowl, mash the banana, add egg, flour and cinnamon powder. Mix well.

In a pan, melt butter, scoop the banana pancake batter. cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown, flip and cook the other side.

Serve with syrup or powdered sugar.

The recipe makes 4 pancakes.


Banana Bread

5      pcs       over-ripe banana
2      cups     all purpose flour
1      tsp       baking soda
1/4   tsp       salt
1/2   cup     soft butter
1      cup      brown sugar
2      pcs       eggs



Procedure

Pre heat over at 350 F

Combine flour, baking soda and flour. Set aside.

Combine butter and sugar. Add to the dry ingredients

Mashed the banana, beat the eggs then add all ingredients.

Pour the mixture in a baking pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until top is golden brown.

I thought making banana bread was complicated. It is not. It is so easy. In fact, I will bake another batch later on because my first baked banana bread is almost gone!!! As for the banana pancake, it reminded me of a mashed "maruya". It is a little tricky to cook it, unlike a regular pancake.

No comments:

Post a Comment