Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Onion rings





My daughter and I just love onion rings. We always order it at Portillos whenever we crave for it. And since you all know how I love to experiment, I planned that one day I will try to make home made onion rings. That day came a few days ago, and I have since then made onion rings three times. (Yes, I wasn't kidding when I said we just love onion rings).



The secret is always in the batter. I have to admit, Im still trying to perfect it. And have some ideas on making a different kind of batter for future experiment. But for now, here is my recipe for my version of home made onion rings


Ingredients

1        pc        large onion
1        cup      all purpose flour
1        tbsp     baking powder
1        tsp       salt
1        tsp       pepper
1        cup     breadcrumbs
1        pc       egg
1        cup     milk
vegetable oil for frying


Procedure

Peel the onion and slice across around 1 cm to make rings. Set aside

Mix flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Add milk and egg. Mix thoroughly.

Dip the onion in the batter. Let the extra batter drain from the onion. Then dip the onion in breadcrumbs

Fry the onion rings until its golden brown. About 4-5 minutes.

Serve with your favorite sauce. My daughter and I like to dip it in ketchup.



No comments:

Post a Comment