Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Potato and Corn Soup




Freedom!!

Now that my daughter is back in school, I can now breath and have plenty of time for myself. It's been a crazy and busy summer. Going to places left and right, driving my daughter to her activities. I mean, yeah, i need to breath!! All the momshies out there can relate to me! It really has been a crazy summer! Too busy I don't even have time to write on my blog, much less think of what recipe to experiment.

But I was able to squeeze in one recipe one night last week. I just didn't have time to write about it. So finally on my daughter's second day of school, i got a few hours to spare! Finally.

I had plenty of potatoes and corn ( I still have more until now) because they were on sale at the grocery and thought of experimeting on a recipe that has both. I thought of making corn chowder but then what am I gonna do with my 10 pounds potato? So that's when I thought of mixing them together in a soup. Nothing like a good hot soup on a rainy night.


Here is the recipe


Ingredients


2        cups       corn kernels
2        cups       diced potatoes
2        cans       chicken broth
1/2     cup         all purpose flour
1        pc           onion, chopped
2        cloves     garlic, minced
1        cup         milk
salt and pepper to taste


Procedure:


In a sauce pan, saute garlic and onion.  Add corn and potatoes. Saute for a few minutes.


Add the chicken broth. Let boil. Add 1/2 cup milk. Simmer for 5 minutes


In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup milk and flour. Add to the saucepan. Stir.


Simmer for a few minutes. Serve hot. You may put dried parsley and bacon on top before serving.




My daughter loves this soup. It's refreshing and different. I will try to make it again one of these days. Next time, i will probably cook bacon and use the oil for sauteing. It will add more flavor in the soup. When you try this recipe, please let me know, I would love to hear from you!!







No comments:

Post a Comment